Aged and Disability Care
in technology are having a big impact on the health industry. Philips
home health has been working with the health industry to develop new
treatment options and health management tools that could improve the
lives of all Australians. Read more here
us make dementia a priority topic on the G20 summit agenda! A petition
supported by Alzheimer’s Australia is aiming for 20 000 signatures to be
sent to Prime Minister Tony Abbott ahead of the summit in November. To
read more about the importance of continuing global discussion of
dementia and sign the petition click here
and when is the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) available?
The NDIS is being rolled out in stages, beginning from 1 July 2013 in
Tasmania for young people aged 15-24, in South Australia for children
aged 0-14, and in the Barwon area of Victoria and the Hunter area in NSW
for people up to age 65. From 1 July 2014, the NDIS will commence
across the ACT, the Barkly region of Northern Territory and in the Perth
Hills area of Western Australia. Roll out of the full scheme in NSW,
Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the ACT and the
Northern Territory will commence progressively from July 2016.
- Spring cleaning isn't just for spring - you can do it any time you need a fresh start or home makeover. To make the process less daunting - we’ve compiled a fantastic guide full of handy hints and tips to ensure your home sparkles and shines like never before! Check it out here now
- Work with us, we’re always looking for new Angels. You’ll be supported by a fantastic professional team, earn top rates and further your experience. Current job openings include: experienced Disability Carers in Adelaide and experienced Cleaners on Sydney’s Northern Beaches including Balgowlah, Whale Beach and Cottage Point and the Southern Suburbs from Kogarah to Cronulla. Apply today!
- If you’re looking for a more environmentally friendly (and pretty!) way to package lunch for your kids – or yourself, check out this list of some of the best rubbish free or “nude” options
- Submissions to the Productivity Commission in to childcare are now closed but this article from Women’s Agenda highlights the multi-faceted issue of childcare and women in the workforce. Danielle Robertson, CEO of DIAL-AN-ANGEL, committee member of Make Care Fair Alliance and President of the ANA (Australian Nanny Association), sent in a submission from DIAL-AN-ANGEL and helped prepare the submission from the ANA. We are committed to giving clients a wide range of choice and access to available and affordable childcare and will keep you posted.
- Our Brisbane office reached the impressive milestone of 27 years on January 19 this year. We are all extremely proud of the team and are excited to see where the next 27 will take DAA! For more on this wonderful achievement see our press release here
- International women’s day is on March 8 2014 and the theme this year is “inspiring change”. Check out the website and see what events are going on near you
- What do you do if your child is sick and you can’t take the day off work? DIAL-AN-ANGEL childcare can be arranged for emergencies such as these. A number of companies have programmes with us for emergency childcare and senior care! So we can be there when you need to be at work.
It’s been a busy start to the year with planning for our 47th anniversary in March already commencing, submissions to the Productivity Commission Inquiry into Childcare were sent in, we attained certification in a Quality Management System known as ISO:9001, this is in addition to our accreditation under the National Disability Scheme for three of our offices. This is how we remain the leader in home, aged and childcare in Australia ensuring that we can continue to provide the same reliable and professional services you have counted on for 47 years.
DIAL-AN-ANGEL Pty Limited