Service User Rights & Responsibilities
My Rights as a user of DIAL-AN-ANGEL® services cover the manner of my care treatment and my involvement in the process including how that care may adapt to my circumstances and the information that I provide. They are summarised as follows:
1. GENERAL - my right to;
- Be treated with dignity, with my privacy respected.
- Receive care that is respectful of me, my family and home.
- Have my individual preferences respected, particularly culturally and linguistically.
- Be treated and accepted as an individual.
- Be treated without exploitation, abuse, discrimination, harassment or neglect.
- Receive care without being expected to be grateful to those providing my care.
- Fully use my human, legal and consumer rights, including freedom of speech regarding my care.
2. ASSEMBLY AND REVIEW OF MY CARE NEEDS - my right to;
- Have the choice of care and services from my service provider that best suit my assessed needs.
- Participate in making decisions that affect me or if I am unable, to have my advocate (representative) participate in decisions that put me at the centre of the care.
- Be given before, or within 14 days after I commence receiving care, a written plan of the care and services that I expect to receive.
- Receive care and services as described in the plan that take account of my lifestyle including my religious preferences.
- Receive reliable, coordinated, safe, quality care and services which are appropriate to my assessed needs.
- Ongoing review of the care and services I receive (both periodic and in response to changes in my personal circumstances) and modification of the care and services as required.
3. COMMUNICATIONS - my right to;
- Choose a person to speak on my behalf for any purpose.
- Request or choose a person to help me understand any information I am given verbally or in writing.
- Receive a written agreement that includes all agreed matters for a contracted period.
- Access my personal information
- Privacy and confidentiality of my personal information.
- Be given information on how to make comments and complaints about the care and services I receive.
- Complain about the care and services I receive, without fear of losing the care or being disadvantaged in any other way.
- Have complaints investigated fairly, in a timely manner and confidentially, and to have appropriate steps taken to resolve issues of concern.
4. COSTS FOR ATTENDANT CARE - my right to;
- Be charged fees that are offered and explained in response to my or my advocate's outline of my assessed needs.
- Have my fees reviewed periodically and on request when there are changes to my care needs and/or extraordinary circumstances.
- Have invoices that are clear, timely and in a readable format following the care services.
My Responsibilities as a Service User of DIAL-AN-ANGEL are to;
- Respect the rights of care workers to their human, legal and industrial rights including the right to work in a safe environment (my duty of care).
- Treat care workers without exploitation, abuse, discrimination or harassment
- Abide by the terms of the written agreement.
- Give enough information to assist the approved provider to develop, deliver and review a care plan
- Comply with the contract of care and the associated care plan
- Acknowledge that my needs may change and to negotiate modifications of care and service when my care needs do change.
- Accept responsibility for my own actions and choices even though some actions and choices may involve an element of risk.
- Tell the service provider and their staff about any problems with the care and services
- Allow safe and reasonable access for care workers at the times specified in my care plan or otherwise by agreement
- Provide reasonable notice if I do not require a service, which is outlined in our Terms of Business.
- Pay any fee as specified in the agreement by the due date or negotiate an alternative arrangement with the provider in a timely manner, if any changes occur in my financial circumstances.
- Provide enough information for the approved provider to determine an appropriate level of fee
- Respect the staff management.